Sunday, March 6, 2011

My first Blog...Me

I am a 28 year old female business owner in Brooklyn NY. I run an on line jewelry supply business on Etsy, as well as a brick and mortar shop in a trendy, hip little neighborhood of Brooklyn called Williamsburg. My store is a custom designed jewelry / supply boutique. We are celebrating our 1 year anniversary for the shop at the end of this month brooklyncharmshop.com. My fiance, Shane helps me with many of the business aspects of my shop. We have been together for over 6 years now. We started dating at the end of our college careers. We spent a year apart soon after we started dating, as he was going to art school on the East Coast while I finished up art school in Long Beach CA. I moved to Connecticut with him, and after a year we moved to Brooklyn where we have been residing for the past 3+ years. He finally proposed to me on Christmas Eve as my Christmas present.

I am born and raised in Oxnard California by two amazing parents! As a child I would take many vacation trips with my family to Catalina Island either by my father's boat, or by ferry. I have spent more than a year of my life on boats (not continuous, but if you add it all up, I am sure it would calculate to my guess). Catalina was MY fantasy land as a child. Going there was my perfect escape from all things obligated, and mundane back at home. I could be free, and imagine glorious scenarios surrounded by sun, water, and happy people.

My mom and dad were married in a water taxi in Catalina was I was 7 years old...the day before my birthday. For years I would not let my mom forget about how it bothered me so. In high school, one year I tricked my parents into thinking my birthday was December 29th....and their wedding anniversary was December 30th. Which in reality it was the other way around. This way I was able to go back to the main land and party with my friends on my actual birthday. I was pretty pleased with myself as this was in a way my revenge on their decision to get married the day before my birthday. I guess it does not bother me so much any more. But I still like to give then a hard time. In their defense, their decision to get married the day before my birthday was because it was a blue moon.

Well, onto why I am doing this blog. I am a pretty scatter brained girl, and would like to keep a good inventory of my ideas, and inspirations for my upcoming wedding. I have been emailing back and forth with my mother in the past week, and when I try to show people things we have discussed, it is kind of a nightmare to locate the info. So I am doing this blog for myself, my current AND future family, friends and anyone else out there in the world wide web willing to look. I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Read it loved it. So much to do, so little time. Xoxox mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.catalinalanding.com/venueimages.html

    Here is the link fir the Landing. Enjoy. Xoxo mom

    ReplyDelete